Thursday, November 17, 2011

Snorkeling right in Waikiki

I've decided to keep a web log (a blog) of fish I see in my twice weekly swims in Waikiki, which lately have been in Kuhio Beach, at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki. That's because it's November and there have been some south swells, making it less clear at Queen's Surf, which is an old favorite--it's the next beach Diamond Head (east) of Kuhio. On east of Queen's Surf is Kaimana, or Sans Souci, which was my first regular snorkeling beach, beginning in 2001 when I lived down on Ainakea Way.  All the beaches I'm describing fall within a crescent beginning at the Sheraton Waikiki, which is at the beach end of Seaside Ave. (my street), looking up toward the hotels and apartment buildings that start at Kaimana Beach. I took this photo on my iPad in early October 2011.
                   


Here is a photo of Kuhio Beach that Marilyn* took in 2004. The waves wash many fish over the wall; I haven't had an underwater camera with me, but I have other pix of those I have seen lately, which include a giant pufferfish and many Moorish Idols.
_________________________
*Marilyn is my sister; she'll get photo credits frequently, as she took some underwater photos in 04 too.

No comments:

Post a Comment